STRENGTH LIES IN DIFFERENCES,
NOT IN SIMILARITIES
What a Global Mindset is…
A global mindset is what candidates need to be successful in a global role in which they will need to be capable of adjusting to different environments and have the ability to work effectively with international colleagues.
A Global Mindset is one that combines an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures and markets with a propensity and ability to synthesize across this diversity.
V. Govindarajan & A.K. Gupta
A global Mindset means that we scan the world from a broad perspective, always looking for unexpected trends and opportunities.
the ability to step outside one’s base culture and to understand there is no universally correct way to do things.
A set of individual qualities and attributes that help a manager influence individuals, groups, and organizations from other parts of the world.
– knowledge of one’s own and other’s culture
– ability to integrate, synthesize and leverage diversity
– knowledge of International socio-political and economic issues
– Understanding of how culture impacts management’s decisions
– Knowledge of different value systems, institutional environments, historical influences…
– ability to explain complex points simply and clearly
– analytical and critical thinking
– ability to adopt a different perspective
– creativity and imagination
– ability to “think globally” and “act locally”
– understanding biases
– ability to seek relevant information
– learning Agility
– understanding own emotions and triggers;
– understanding own strengths
– self control and regulation;
Cross-Cultural Interpersonal Skills:
– building relationships
– teamwork: empowering, motivating, coaching…
Global & Cross-Cultural Leadership Skills:
– boundary spanning
– authentic and situational
…And How You Can Develop it